Thursday, March 15, 2012

Vacay Day 5--Happy Birthday Nora and Ryan!

YAY! Finally my last post about D-world. This was Feb 20th, Nora and Ryan's third birthday. It's almost like it's their first birthday--the first one I'm celebrating anyway. The previous two birthdays were hard for me. It just felt like a bad anniversary--the anniversary of one of the worst days of my life. What a horrible thing to say, right? It's their birthdays! But it was a very tough anniversary for me--all the more to feel badly about, I guess. It's the truth, whatever. I'm getting some healing about this is the point. I finally wanted to make a big hairy deal out of their birthdays this year. I may have also felt the need to make up for moping around the previous two birthdays.

SOOoo, our last day of vacation, we met up with Nana and Grandpa and then we got going. We started the day in line to see Jasmine and Aladdin. We waited a long time in line. Once we got to the front, Aladdin asked Ryan for his pb sandwich, so he could give it to Abu and Ryan happily complied. Ryan is not particularly attached to his food, you see.



Ryan got a little extra attention from Jasmine. How could she resist?
We headed over to Tomorrowland and Caitlin was lucky to get paired up with Grandpa, who was going to make sure the bad guys didn't get them.


After the Buzz Lightyear ride, we went to this amazing 3D movie, called "Mickey's PhilharMagic." So cool. Ryan got scared in the middle, when lion came toward him roaring. He started crying, so I was yelling to Grandpa to pull off his glasses since I was a few seats over. Ryan quickly recovered and put his glasses back on and calmly watched the rest of the show. Nora, on the other hand, had become a bit desensitized over the course of the short trip and enjoyed both the Buzz Lightyear ride and the 3D movie with tons of smiles and chatter. No worries from her which was very different from the Winnie the Pooh ride the first day at MK.

After the movie, the kids got to pick out one thing at the gift shop, this was mostly b/c I needed to give them something to do in between this event and the lunch we planned--we had an hour to burn.


The kids played on the porch of Crystal Palace for about 45 minutes before our reservation. It was really the only shade we could find. It was also the first time they got to just play in the course of the trip. So, I made reservations here because the Pooh Crew hangs out here and I was hoping Nora and Ryan would have a sweet lunch celebration for their birthdays. We were sure sad about daddy not being well enough to join us. The kids LOVED seeing their friends....


Lots of rubbernecking was happening. Not a lot of eating was happening.



Nora and Ryan got little cakes and cards from the Pooh crew as well. So much fun.

After this lunch, we were wiped out. Goodbye, D-world. It was real. Kids were awesome. We had a great time and made some great memories. Success! I love that we have a fun time to look back on like this. I'm so thankful that the kids are healthy enough that this was even a possibility. There were many days, especially in 2009, where I never would have thought this would be possible--especially this soon, when Nora and Ryan are just barely 3. They are just being so healthy and normal. Thank you, Wonderful God, for surprising us. We were never bold enough to ask for this.

2 comments:

pjsmith said...

Our prayers answered! Amen!

MBD said...

"We were never bold enough to ask for this." Those words got to me.

So happy for the kids' health and for your happiness!