Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Vacay Day 4

I took Caitlin to the Main Street Barber Shop near the MK main entrance, first thing on Day 4. She had been wanting a haircut and I'd read that the prices were reasonable and there was pixie dust involved. Sold.



Next we got in line to meet Ariel and I have a bunch of poorly lit pictures of that.
Next, onto the Magic Carpet Ride.

Ryan and I rode together, so no pictures of us. After, we went to a really cool simulated "Jungle Cruise" on a river boat. The guide was very "punny" so, of course, John thought that was the best part of the entire trip.
Then, Caitlin had her heart set on the Splash Mountain ride, which surprised me, but she said it and she was going to do it. All throughout the day, we asked her "are you still going to do it?" YEP. So, John went to get Fastpasses for them for Splash Mountain and I went and got in line to see the Fairies. It was Terence and Tink. They have this place all set up so that the flowers and leaves are gigantic and it looks like the fairies are small in proportion. Despite this, as soon as we left, Caitlin said "I thought they were going to be really small." Huh? I thought she knew they were all regular folks dressed up. Maybe not. I let it go.Swiss Family Robinson's treehouse was next. It was pretty cool. A nice opportunity for Nora and Ryan to get out of the stroller and move around and up and up and up.
After Lunch at the Liberty Tree Tavern, Caitlin and John headed over to redeem their fastpasses and ride Splash Mountain. I tried to sit with Ryan and Nora and watch Caitlin and John come down the ride, but the littles were cranky and antsy. I decided to go get Caitlin's zebra mouse ear hat embroidered with her name. I surprised myself by getting hats for Nora and Ryan too. You do kind of get sucked in at D-world.





I took about 20 pictures of them in their mouse ear hats and this is the best I could get. By the way, Caitlin did do Splash Mountain without hesitation, and loved it.

After some rest time, we headed out to Downtown Disney where we were to meet Nana and Grandpa for dinner at Wolfgang Puck. We had also planned on stopping at the Lego store, but ended up not having time for that. The kids didn't mind though, since there were so many other things to see. Like this super cool dragon made out of Legos in the river!


Kids picked flowers (sorry Disney!) while we waited (way too long) for our table.


Lots of fun and great food at dinner. Nora ate my entire dinner, nearly.


This was the last time we saw John. He got awfully sick overnight and the next morning. Fortunately, he got to rest and the kids had a nice birthday and last day at Disney (next post) with Nana and Grandpa.

1 comment:

pjsmith said...

Thanks again for the wonderful blog and photos!!!