Monday, September 7, 2009

Caitlinisms



--Daddy was telling Caitlin a story about how he once tried to go cross country skiing on downhill skis and how he ended up with blisters and sore feet...
  Daddy: the moral of the story is if you want to enjoy certain activities you have to be prepared....like you can't play baseball with a tennis racket.
  Caitlin: and you can't play HungryHungryHippo with hippos that aren't hungry.

--Me: it's time to wash your hands
  Caitlin: (ignoring me)
  Me: Caitlin, it's time to wash your hands
  Caitlin: I don't want to
  Me: Caitlin, It's time to wash your hands
  Caitlin: you're screwed up.

--Caitlin convinced me to play "Old King Cole," on Thursday, a game she made up after hearing the rhyme.  I thought we should make crowns to go with the game, so we got out our paper and scissors and crayons and tape and made some sweet pink crowns.  Then we went onto the deck with our crowns--Caitlin looked me up and down and said "You look like Old King Cole and I look like New King Cole." 
--(by the way, the rest of the game consisted me being demoted to "old king cole's chef" and of her laying on a lounge chair on the deck barking out orders to me like  "Please bring me some spaghetti, old King Cole's Chef.")

--Today at snacktime, she spontaneously announced "The Rules of the Day" as follows..word-for-word as I scribbled them down on a napkin so I'd remember...
"Number 1--treat the babies nice.  Number 2--I love you. Number 3-don't ever go by hippos cause they have sharp teeth.  Number 4--don't get markers on the table.  Number 5--treat hungry hungry hippos nicely.  Number 6--eat muffins."


4 comments:

amy said...

greatest kid ever.

Carrie said...

Dude. Hilarious.

Cassie said...

Oh my gosh, Jessica. That is hilarious. Or "alayzerous" as Ocean would say. They will make a perfect pair with their two black cats named Gabby.

Unknown said...

These are hysterical. The "Rules of the Day"... I think she it is confirmed that she is your child. Already responsible and ready to be a confident leader! :)