Monday, May 14, 2007

It's a "procedure"...

...not a surgery! well, at least it makes me feel better to think of it that way.
Caitlin is having ear tubes placed on Wednesday--John and I are both taking her in bright and early for this thing--it's supposed to be less than 10 minutes for the actual procedure. I'm pretty nervous--Caitlin's actually pretty relaxed about the whole thing though, surprisingly.

Seriously though, I wish we didn't have to do it, but she's been on antibiotics nearly continuously since September and constantly has fluid in her ears which is just ready and waiting for the next infection by the time we get one cleared--in theory, the tubes will help ventilate her middle ears so the fluid won't just "cook" there all the time--PLUS, if she does get an infection after this, we should be able to use ear drops rather than having to give systemic antibiotics--this is very good! we are sick of antibiotics and the fights and diaper rashes that go with them! So, here's hoping it works. There's also a chance that she'll get her adenoids taken out since she may have chronic sinus infections--the surgeon will look at them on Wednesday when she is "out" and decide at that time--I'm OK either way, I just want it to be over!!!! It's been scheduled and cancelled (by us) once before, so we are ready for the saga to be done! Please pray it works!!! We will update on Wednesday.

My Mothers Day was nice--Caitlin got me a nice plant for the foyer and scribbled a card in crayon and also made me a card at daycare. John made me French Toast yesterday and let me sleep in (till 7! haha, it's all relative now!)--other than that, we relaxed, called all our moms and grandmoms and had a nice day.

No comments: