Friday, July 27, 2012

Vacation part 2

We, along with Rebecca and Don and Jacob, spent this week with Nana and Grandpa up in Frankfort. We arrived on Monday and hit the beach immediately.  The kids had a blast jumping the tiny waves with each other and with Nana.

 Ryan and Jacob worked on perfecting a sand castle that someone else had left on the beach.
 Nora, again, was a fish. Loved every second in the water.
 This was my favorite picture of the day. I did not pose them, but I just love the way they are sitting on the sand together.
 On Tuesday, we went on a canoe trip down the Platt River and then spent the rest of the afternoon in Lake Michigan again.  The canoe trip was 1.5-2 hrs long and John and I were in a canoe with Ryan and Nora.  They got these cute little plastic chairs to sit in during the trip and were, overall, pretty good during the ride.  Ryan was behind Nora and definitely was poking at her and bothering her a little bit b/c he had nothing else to do probably.  I wasn't brave enough to bring the camera, but I wish I had.  Caitlin went with Nana and Grandpa in their canoe and Rebecca, Don and Jacob went in their canoe.  Hopefully I can get some pictures from the others that were there.


My dad took John and Don salmon fishing on Wednesday--they caught 9 or 10 salmon and then we ate them for dinner--the freshest fish we've ever had.
Wednesday, it was dreary, so we spent the early part of the day inside.  In the picture below, Nora had taken a Jenga game, lined up all the pieces and was pretending she had a piano and was making up a song and playing piano.
 Later on Wednesday we took the kids to the new waterfront park in Frankfort-the kids had a blast. Rebecca and Don got a kite, so that was fun for the kids.


Before we left on Thursday, the kids beat up on Grandpa a bit....
 ...then they became superheroes.  Nana got them all these workshop aprons from one of the home improvement stores and they decided to turn them into capes and ran around the house for a long time playing.

 Thanks, Nana and Grandpa--we all had such a nice time!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

oh the swimming looks devine! and that salmon! wow!

pjsmith said...

We all felt like super heroes - because we had such a great time! Love to All!

Unknown said...

The views are so nice, I love traveling all over the world so much that is why I find travel agents that was having a phenomenal experience in life that won’t waste my precious time on my vacation