Monday, April 30, 2012

If at first, you don't succeed

One of my favorite things about Caitlin right now is the constant stream of notes that she is writing.   They are usually to her friends at school, but every once in a while I get one--sometimes I get a really good one.


 And, she is nothing if not persistent, so she is finding creative ways to push back when she doesn't hear what she wants.  Recently, John and I noticed that the girls were both eating some dinner and then stopping short and a bit later asking for bananas, yogurt, cheese after dinner.  We were down with it for a few nights until we started thinking that dinner is at 6pm and they go to bed by 7pm ish, so really, an after-dinner snack isn't really a thing, just yet.  So, the rule is, eat your dinner until you're full, then you are done.  Caitlin isn't taking this rule lying down.  So, tonight, she picked at her dinner, then left the table despite a reminder that if she left, she was done for the night--"i know," she told me.  She promptly went upstairs for about 10 minutes, came down and presented me with this.  She said nothing and didn't look at me,  she just handed it to me.


Dear Mom,  I felled full wen I left the tabole but noow I fell hungruree.
Top Header "I LOVE YOU!" with two yellow hearts labelled "hunguree"
 John and I both tried to keep our chuckles to ourselves.  I don't think I ever actually answered this (it wasn't really a question though), but I really appreciate her effort.

3 comments:

Steph - the 313 said...

This might be the most awesome daughter to mom note that I have ever written or read. (I love how it says I LOVE YOU at the top).

Jessica said...

Steph: my favorite part is definitely the yellow "hunguree" hearts at the corners :)

Steph - the 313 said...

omg. i hadn't noticed those. AWESOME!!!!