Friday, June 27, 2008

My serenade

Tonight I put Caitlin to bed and she asked me to sing her "you are my sunshine."  This is a common choice of a bedtime song for her, so I sang to her.  After I stopped (I only know the first verse), she looked into my eyes for about a full minute while singing, totally unprompted:
-You are my mommy, my only mommy,
-She  make me happy when skies are gray,
-You never know dear, how much I love you,
-Please don't take my (long pause)..mommy away.

I just love this special kid to pieces and had to share.  I just locked eyes with her the whole time thinking what an amazing moment this is.  Maybe it's less meaningful than I think and I'm overexaggerating, but it may be one of the most memorable, sweet moments of mothering for me.  What a true blessing this child is.  Thank you, Lord.

3 comments:

pjsmith said...

She is one very special child and we thank the Lord for her! She is our sunshine! That was Rebecca's night time song when she was a little girl - we sang it every night.

Love, Grandpa & Nana

amy said...

AWWWWW!! that is SO cute (:

Amy said...

SOOOO sweet!